Ranillo family welcomes Krista's baby


source: Steve Angeles | ABS-CBN North America Bureau

ALENCIA, California -- The newest member of the Ranillo clan was baptized Sunday afternoon.

About 200 friends and family members attended the christening of Baby Nate Jacob Ranillo Lim, son of sexy actress Krista Ranillo and Island Pacific Supermarket chain owner Jefferson "NiƱo" Lim.

The baby was born last April.

"It's a different life but as they say, it's really fulfilling and it's true. It went really well. I was just maybe in labor for 5 hours. He was a big baby, he was 8.6 pounds. But everything is good," recalled Ranillo, who has already slimmed down.

"I guess no sleep plus eating on time plus breastfeeding [helped me slim down]. And they say it helps a lot to burn calories and I guess that's it."

Veteran actress Gloria Sevilla flew in from the Philippines to see her great grandson for the first time.

"I told Krista if ever Nate wants to follow her footsteps, study first. Education is the best," she said.

Ranillo's father, actor Matt Ranillo III, has also put his showbiz career on hold to be an hands-on grandfather.

"Now that baby Nate is growing up, he's 3 months now, he reminds me of Krista when she was 3 because I was a hands-on father. I was there taking care of her and now I'm taking care of my grandson but only half, because now it's Krista's turn," Matt said.

The young family has moved to a quiet suburb in the San Fernando Valley area of Southern California, where Ranillo said she is finding the joy of being a stay-at-home mom.

Ranillo married Lim on August 8 last year. The sexy actress decided to stay in the United States after she was linked to boxing icon Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao.
Tags: ,

About author

Curabitur at est vel odio aliquam fermentum in vel tortor. Aliquam eget laoreet metus. Quisque auctor dolor fermentum nisi imperdiet vel placerat purus convallis.